Submit Your Candle Videos Deadline is December 11th
December 11 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
We need you for Christmas Eve!
It is clear that it won’t be safe for us to be in the same room for Christmas Eve this year, and that is too bad. So let’s do what we can to create a time of beauty, connection and reverence to share virtually.
Our musicians and tech folks are already hard at work preparing their offerings, and now we need YOUR help. Our efforts will mean so much more if you take a few moments ahead of time to participate.
What we need everyone to do is make a quick video — your cell phone is perfect for this, orient your phone horizontally as this better suits video format and send it to Anthony Edwards or via form link – https://forms.gle/RGzT9vatLSwnAuti6 by December 11th.
- You will need a dark-ish room, your phone, and two candles.
- Prop your phone so that it records your face and upper body.
- Light one candle, and set it on a stable surface out of the picture.
- Start the recording, wait five seconds.
- Pick up and light the second candle and bring it into the picture.
- Hold in front of your face for 15 seconds, then blow it out and end the video.
Have each member of the family do this, if they can. When Christmas Eve comes, you will be glad you did.
Here is a sample video: