Well we closed out our Yulebock season virtually. We missed seeing everyone and roasting marshmallows for s’mores with the kiddos.
We hope you will find this video of our last Yulebock of this season a good stand-in for staying safe and healthy.
Join us and sign up for this year’s Yulebocks
It’s that time of year for Yulebocks! With all things 2020 we are getting creative.
At a traditional Yulebock someone has to clean up their house, provide a beverage for whoever might drop in and guests would bring finger food to share.
This year we don’t have to clean but we do have to get creative.
We have Zoom Techs standing by from December 11th to January 9th for Fridays from 6:30 to 8:30, Saturdays from 5:30 to 7:30 and Sundays from 3:30 to 5:30. We will only open the zoom room for days that a member signs up to be a Yulebock Host.
What does the host do? As much or as little as they would like.
- They must sign up by Wednesday of the week they want to host so we can get it in The Flicker and on the website calendar. Earlier the better.
- They can identify a theme if they so choose.
Some ideas are:
- Costumes: Have everyone wear a hat or ugly sweater
- Pick a game to play: Trivia; Charades; Name that Tune; Pictionary
- Cocktail hour: Invite guests to show up with a mixed drink and a story about that drink.
- Choose a script or play for a table read or poetry reading.
- Ornament Show and Tell
- General Chats
- Options are endless
Once you sign up, we will let you know who your tech is assigned to your date and you can ask them for help with the theme. If you give notice we can help come up with ways to share music, scripts on the screen, powerpoints etc.
The Yulebock season starts as always with the Yulebock sponsored by your Board of Trustees. Look for the article with a link to order your free meal and join us at 5:30 in the Community Connection Zoom room. We’ll use break-out rooms hosted by your Board members to keep conversations intimate. We will close the season, as is tradition, by burning the goat and celebrating our Social Justice accomplishments on January 10th.